Sunday, May 4, 2008

Balkans and other stuff

I've spent the last two weeks travelling around the Balkans:

1)Women here are unbelievably attractive. Like at any given moment when you're walking down the street (especially in Serbia) you'll see a girl who would easily be a top-3 girl at Tufts. Except she doesn't stick out, because there are so many of them. Good deal for the Serbian guys I guess.

2) Belgrade isn't really the grey drab city I imagined. There are actually a lot of parks and stuff (though there's also a fair share of Soviet-era apartment buildings.)

3)These are my memories of my night out in Belgrade. Drinking and talking in the hostel (they have these 2l bottles of beer there for like a buck fifty), me getting ready to go to bed and then people saying they were still going out at like 12:45, going to some basement bar with Serbian rap music playing...in the some massive courtyard of these old Soviet apartment buildings smoking joints...somehow struggling back at 4am and passing out. It was a pretty solid night.

4) I'm going back in 5 days. I'm real excited to be back in America, and see everyone again. I've also already devised a schedule of my breakfast, lunch and dinner of Tufts area restaurants that I'm going to go/order from the first day I'm there. ( Broken Yolk, Tasty Gourmet, Andreas.) On the other hand, I am not looking forward to work/school. Over the past 6+ weeks I've had pretty much 0 responsibility or commitments. So having to go to a "job" (even if it's only the library) and attend "class" is probably not going to go well. Well either way, I'll see you guys in about a week. Later

Sam

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear day drinking on the job out of a water bottle eases the pain of working. not like the library is that strenuous or the commute is that difficult...