Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Movies and Chinese Food Day

So I figured that while I'm sitting here adding Puff Daddy and The Family's single of "Been Around the World" and "It's All About the Benjamins" (Rock Version) to my iTunes, I'd update the inquiring readers of this blog about my Christmas (as we Christians refer to December 25, you heathens).

Loot:
- Dunkin Donuts gift card ($40), Dunkin Donuts ground coffee (12-pound bag), and new coffee maker (my parents are not helping my caffeine addiction)
- Season 5 of "24" (I got this for my birthday -- my mom is losing it)
- A New Balance winter running shirt (will come in handy for my three-mile training runs during early return)
- An Abercrombie & Fitch sweatshirt thingy. As you can see, this is definitely my style, except mine is orange and says "-CC->" -- that's why my mom bought it (this thing smells awful)
- Boys of Summer (should be good)
- Stephen Colbert's new book (we'll see)
- An Olympus voice recorder that has a computer adapter -- pretty sweet

And the highlight of the gift giving -- my dad presented my twin brother with a ball signed by Chase Utley that the Phillies sent us. They sent it to us because my dad asked them to give him a ball after my brother dropped a game-breaking pinch-hit two-out grand slam that literally hit him and bounced onto the field. I wrote a column about it back in the day and my dad sent it to the Phillies as proof that my brother deserved the ball. They thought it was a great idea and agreed.

This goes down in Bloom lore of great presents along with when my twin brother and I convinced a staffer at our congressman's office to send my mom (an INCREDIBLY ardent Democrat) a birthday card from President Bush (an official birthday card sent by the White House). She was pissed. Good times.

Merry Christmas all. Except you heathens out there.

- Bloom

3 comments:

Unknown said...

abercrombie? boo. the clothing of tools and sluts. but in all honesty, merry christmas bromfield, and i hope it was a good one.

- courtney

Nate said...

are you calling me a tool!?

Anonymous said...

Duh, but I'm posting this from my new blackberry, so I think that makes me a tool too. And I just spent the evening getting hustled by my grandparents while playing texas hold em. Cool.
-court