Thursday, March 8, 2007

I love Skye Isard

I thought I would give a DB life update....

1. Al Jefferson was recently named Eastern Conference player of the week. I cannot tell you how ridiculous that would have sounded even four months ago. This makes me happy.
2. I go to Umass now. I have come to the realization Tufts didn't suck. College sucks. I just cannot stand sitting in a classroom. The plus side is that Umass has division 1 basketball games that are wicked fun to go to.
3. I worked out yesterday for the first time in 2007. My back felt okay. However, I was repping a Bloom-like 95 pounds on bench. Again, this made me sore, which is very pathetic.
4. I am no closer to running than I was the last time I talked to any of you.
5. I am most likely living in Las Vegas this summer, and will play at least one event at the World Series of Poker (No Limit Texas Hold'em). If I final table, I will pay for the Brom to fly out on the condition that everyone GO MONEY'd me on every big pot I won.
6. I turned 21 a couple weeks ago. Speaking of being 21, here's a funny story about that age:

In September of freshman year, I was talking to Mac about the alcohol situation for an upcoming party. My experience with drinking was very limited at the time, and having come from high school, it was a big deal for someone to

1. have an ID
2. be able to steal beer from their dad
3. have an older sibling get it for them.

Even though I knew Mac was a senior, I still felt him to be my peer because he was my teammate, so it never really crossed my mind that seniors were of legal age. I asked him how he would get alcohol. His response: "Uhhh I'll go to the liquor store and get a keg."

OHHHHHH you are 21!!! Damn!!!

I can do that now. How time flies.

7. When is Tufts graduation?
8. My hangover is gone.
9. Where is Neil Orfield and what is he doing?
10. Oden >>>> Durant.
11. They aren't airing new episodes of "The Office" for a while. This makes me very angry, especially considering I stopped watching 24 and Lost because they suck now.
12. I am going to Atlantic City this weekend for the Atlantic-10 conference championship. UMass needs to win to get into the NCAA tournament, so it should be exciting. I will also be gambling.
13. Bloom should post his short story that he sent me a while ago on the new blog. It's awesome.
14. Why did Bloom delete the old blog?
15. Is it okay for me to still post on this?
16. Thoughts on my new style of blogging?

PS

17. How good does Dub run??

PPS

18. I need to write an essay to officially get enrolled at UMass full-time for the fall. Ideas for a topic??

4 comments:

The Brom said...

I can answer a few of those.

a) I will scream "GO MONEY" as much times as you want if you fly me to Vegas.

b) If your hangover is gone you should come down and drink with us. It's drinking season.

c) Orfield is moving back to the Boston-area at the beginning of april. I'm excited.

d) Bloom deleted the old blog because hes a huge nit and deleted the email address that it was linked to. I wish we could get all the old posts back but I don't think thats possible.

e) You are still a member of the Brom in spirit and thus allowed to post.

f) A++++ on the new style of blogging. keep it up.

The Brom said...

that was me btw

-Arak

dub said...

1. yea db, congrats on that 4 game win streak!!!
5. no, i will be the one at the FT and flying ppl out. you're invited if you want (zzZZzzZZ)
6. 21 finally? foxwoods trip ASAP
8. lol, that's a lie and you know it
10. lol. durant>>>>>>>oden
12. umass will be out in first round...guess you'll be gambling a lot after they bust out
14. bc he's an idiot
15. yes
16. i like it
17. worse than you! honestly, being down $ after my last ~6 live sessions is so OOC i cant take it
18. have nathan write it?

Nate said...

Good to hear from you again Bach. I fully encourage you to blog early and often, since now that Bloom has his own blog, the Brom is going to need some help.

Also, being 21 rocks. Glad to hear you finally made it. Next time I see you the beer is on me.

College does not suck, contrary to what you might think. The idea of college is amazing, and should be thoroughly enjoyed through worthwhile pursuits like alcohol, division 1 sports, and various other froms of degeneracy.
What DOES suck is academics. They have sucked since I was 12. That's the real enemy here.